Teach Your Monster to Read is a fun and educational game for young kids that helps them learn the first steps of reading. It has been chosen as the best educational app by the UK Department for Education’s Little Minds campaign in Hungary.
This number one phonics and reading game are available for both Android & iOS devices for $4.99.
Now for a limited period, this app or game is available for free for both Android and iOS device users (iPhone/iPad). If you are interested in this freebie, then visit the below links depending on your device and get the game.
For Android: play.google.com/store/apps
For iPhone/iPad : apps.apple.com
Once downloaded, it will remain completely free to play on your device.
PS: There are no subscriptions or in-app purchases.
Teach Your Monster to Read is the first Steps phonics app that is built on the principles of synthetic phonics and follows the teaching sequence in the “Letters and Sounds” program.
This is a series of games that help children to master the key first stages of reading. It is widely used in preschool, primary school, kindergarten, and first grade as an interactive teaching resource.
Teach Your Monster to Read Key Features:
- The game has now been played almost over 120 million times and helped over 10 million children learn to read.
- The game covers everything from letters and sounds to reading full sentences. There are three levels that between them cover the first two years of the reading journey.
- The game is rigorous and works with any phonics scheme so it’s perfect for use in school and at home.
- It’s developed in collaboration with leading academics at the University of Roehampton.
- The app Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds.
- Suitable for ages 3-6.
If you have a child who is just learning to read and you don’t already have this game, I highly recommend downloading it right away.