Windows 11 on Unsupported PC? Windows 11 is already available, and you may be considering installing it on your own computer.
However, if you launch Microsoft’s PC Health Check app on an older computer, you may receive an error message stating that “This PC does not currently meet the Windows 11 system requirements.” This could be inconvenient for people with older machines.
Microsoft has made TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot support for Windows 11 necessary. Furthermore, it only supports modern processors, such as 8th generation and newer Intel chipsets. As a result, many people with older processor generations are experiencing problems with Windows 11 compatibility.
After all, Windows is Windows, and the new OS can be installed on incompatible or unsupported systems. This article will explain how to install Windows 11 on an unsupported PC.
Windows 11 on Unsupported PC -How to Install?
- First, go to the Microsoft download page at microsoft.com/en-in/software-download.
- On that download page, under the “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)” section, click the “Windows 11” link.
- Once your selection is complete, click the “Download” option. This will create a new section where you can select your favorite language.
- As soon as you’ve decided on a language, click the “Confirm” button.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO file.
- Once the file has been downloaded, use the right-click menu to extract it to a convenient location on your computer. For extracting the ISO file use either 7-Zip or WinRAR software.
- Go to the extracted folder and open it. Locate the “appraiserres.dll” file in the “Sources” folder, then delete it.
- Then, from this link or this link, download the modified “appraiserres.dll” file.
- This DLL file should be copied and pasted into the “Sources” folder.
- Double-click the setup.exe file and start Windows 11 upgrade process.
- Select “Keep personal files and applications” and then tap Next (so that your existing data is safe).
- Tap the Install button on the Ready to Install screen to begin installing Windows 11 on your incompatible PC.
For Clean installing Windows 11 use the Media creation tool with a USB flash drive and copy the modified “appraiserres.dll” file to the “Sources” folder.
Note: Don’t forget, people. If you choose this approach, Windows security updates are not guaranteed. I think it’s ok for home users.